Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year.....

Aah the new year has arrived….well the celebrations and all the hullabaloo has happened as usual….people sending their wishes ..clogged mobile networks, cards, greetings and all the reviews of movies, news, sports have all happened. Now life gets back to usual and back to work on a Monday morning.

Now just wait and retrospect on the year that’s gone by. On a personal front another tumultuous year has passed by. What a wide range of emotions have I gone through? From the despairs of February to festivities of December what a journey it has been. Well I would classify this year as a good one for as they say “ alls well that ends well”. Well this a very good time for me and it would quite justify the rating.

But more than that I will put this down as a landmark year for the lessons it has taught me. I definitely finish this year as a much better and mature person than what I was when it began. I have learnt to take life as it comes. I have stopped expecting things to happen. I have learnt to place myself into the shoes of other person and think from their position. Though I have not perfected this I have made an attempt and this has given me quite a good deal of better results when dealing with people.

What else will I remember this year for??? I can remember this for a lot of small joys which have come through, which on the whole may not make a sense for their significance in life. But on their own they form a special place. Little joys, little gestures, little delights especially which happen when least expected which can leave you exhilarated.

I can also remember this year for some of the knocks which I have taken. Times when I was very disturbed, when I was confused, when I had no idea what I had to. Though these are times which I would like to forget in retrospective, but I don’t want to lose the lesson which was hidden at those moments, the lesson to look at things positively. On retrospective we often realize how most disasters are self made. How just a different line of thinking could have changed the whole scenario? I would like to take the lesson to look at things from the positive perspective.

I am not fully into the mode of positive thinking but definitely I have come a long way. And this has made a significant difference in my life. I am a much more happier person now. And I have also come firmly to believe that god has his own way of doing things. Another offshoot of positive thinking. I have realized there is no use complaining. Expecting life to be fair to you is like expecting a ravaging bull to spare you because you are a vegetarian. So just accept things as they come, it would make sense in the retrospective.

As for people as usual many people come in and go out of your life with every passing year. But some do stay, they do stay in your conscience whatever happens. It is for them that we struggle. But time and tide waits for none. People move away in the flow of time. Different lives take different turns. Every one has his own road to follow. Roads which will part as they go. If two people have to stay together it has to be on the same road which wont happen without competition and clash, which again does not help the cause of companionship. So I have learnt to accept this fact of life. As people get busy with their own lives, aspirations and dreams, old friends do take a backseat. But u really can’t complain. Life is like that. And u got to accept this harsh reality and life has to go on. Even we our self may be guilty of doing so with out we realizing it. So u got to learn to live with it.

But some things do stay stuck. You wish some things to stay forever. You want some things to happen. You know the possibilities are very less. You know the odds are stacked up against it. But still some where, appears a beacon of hope, even though it is hopeless. This endeavor to hope for something impossible has perhaps defined spirit of mankind. This is perhaps what has brought humanity to this juncture. This struggle between practicality and wishful thinking is what defines our lives. Where we shall draw a line is something that will determine our state of mind.

So that is my new year resolution take life as it comes. Enjoy every moment of life. Plan your life as it happens. But if there is still something that defines your happiness, go for it. However impossible it may seem, however unthinkable it may be. Life’s beauty is in that struggle. Enjoyment is in the journey, destination is just the culmination.

So I continue to search for the end to my search for The Beginning.

No comments: